It’s that time of year where folx decide to make resolutions for the coming year. The time when people proclaim who they’ll continue speaking to, who’s getting cut off, what kind of changes to the diet their making and fitness goals to work out more. Some people focus on setting better boundaries for themselves while others resolve to be more “free”. The point of resolutions (in my opinion) is to set goals for yourself… to have a vision for what you’d like your life to look like in the coming year and hopefully ongoing. People often don’t stick to them because they don’t make the resolutions or goals attainable(…or they just lack the commitment needed to make things happen). Regardless, it’s important that you make your resolutions & goals SMART. If you’ve never heard of this before, I made a little chart for you below.
Below I’m going to give you a list of 7 potential resolutions or things to consider in this new year as an angel parent. I’m also going to change it from “resolution” to “decision” because YOU have to be active in making these things happen. Sure, they’re synonyms but “I decide…” packs a different punch than “I resolve…” Check it out.
- I decide to honor my feelings about my loss whenever they arise.
- I decide to help other angel parents in any way my heart desires.
- I decide to practice self-care for my mind, body and soul as often as possible.
- I decide to allow others to support me and show me love even when I don’t know how to ask for it.
- I decide to forgive myself for anything I thought was my fault that actually wasn’t… even if I don’t mean it right away.
- I decide to educate others about perinatal loss and the grief process.
- I decide the risk of opening my heart again is worth the possibility of the incredible love I will get to experience.
These are just some suggestions and maybe they can help jog your creative juices when thinking about how active you can be in making 2018 as close to what you want as possible. Make sure it’s SMART, make sure it speaks to you and make sure it feels authentic. May this new year bring us all healing, strength, clarity and an abundance of love. What are some of your APR’s? Share them below. ❤